<3 WIG CARE TIPS <3
Hair Care Tips :
1.How to comb the wig?
When you need to comb a wig, you can use your fingers or a wide-tooth comb. Please be gentle. Do not comb curly hair.
2.How to keep shape?
While you're sitting at home, take it off and put it on a wig stand. The stand will help keep its shape and taking it off your head takes away from your own tugging and pulling hairs out.
3.How to dry the wig?
After saturating your wig in water, squeeze it dry. Don't wring it or the base of your wig could become mis-shaped and dry funny.
4.How to choose the conditioner?
When washing your hair, please use normal conditioner. Shampoo is too harsh and can lead to hair falling out.
5.How often do care the wig?
You can condition your hair every couple weeks to keep it shiny and soft. Don't do this daily or even weekly, it can lead to your wig looking less realistic and falling apart.
Synthetic wigs offer a lot of advantages over natural ones including the ease of synthetic wig care. They tend to be far quicker and easier to dry than natural hair wigs, plus they tend to hold their style and shape better.
Because they have a preset style, you’ll spend less time restyling and shaping them.
They also tend to be lighter and cooler to wear in the warm summer months. Because they’re made of synthetic fibers, you don’t have to worry about them changing color in the sun. Combine that with the decreased cost and easy availability of synthetic wigs and you can see why so many women choose them over natural hair ones. If you want your wig to last a long time, it’s important that you practice good synthetic wig care.
Here’s how to wash your wig safely.
1. You’ll need to purchase a synthetic wig shampoo designed specifically for synthetic wigs. Never use a regular shampoo on a synthetic wig.
2. Brush your wig lightly with a wire brush before washing. Never brush your wig with a regular hairbrush as it can damage the fibers.
3. Add a teaspoonful of wig shampoo to a bowl of cool water. Never use hot water on a synthetic wig.
4. Place the wig into the water for one minute until it’s saturated with the shampoo/water combination. Do use it lightly in the basin for an additional minute.
5. Remove your wig from the basin and gently squeeze excess water from your wig. Never twist or wring your wig.
6. Gently blot your wig dry with a towel.
7. Place wig back on its form to dry completely before styling. Never style a wet wig!
8. You can condition your wig by applying hair conditioner periodically after washing and before the final rinse.
9. Always store your wig on its wig stand when not being worn. This will help to maintain its form and style.
How often should you wash your synthetic wig?
It’s generally recommended that synthetic wigs be washed after every 15-20 wearing's. If you wash too frequently, you risk shortening the life of your wig. If you keep your own hair clean underneath the wig, you can reduce the frequency with which your wig needs washing which may further help to prolong the life of your wig. Be sure to take your wig in to be styled by a professional at regular intervals.
By following these guidelines for synthetic wig care, you should be able to enjoy your synthetic wig for a long time!